Tuesday, June 3, 2014

#THETHINGSEMPLOYEES SAY #WHENTHEYGETCAUGHT.

Have you ever gotten caught? (If you answered "no", you've just been caught lying.)

The fact is every human being on the face of the earth has blown it at one time or another, tried to hide it (especially when we were younger?) and then been found out.

And it can (and does) happen in the work setting. (Can you think of a time in your own experience?)

So what do people ~ and in particular, employees ~ say when the proverbial lid comes off? Some 'fess up while others dodge. Know what I'm talking about?

Which got me to come up with a list. (If you've read this blog very long, you know about me and "lists.") 

1. I didn't think it was wrong.
2. My manager said it was okay.
3. I punched in on time. The clock must be broken.
4. It was so-and-so's fault.
5. That's how we used to do it at my other job.
6. I was gone before it happened.
7. I was sick that day.
8. It's because I haven't been sleeping well lately.
9. I was here, but in the bathroom.
10. It wasn't me.


No comments: